Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest
Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest Review
I’ve personally never been a vest guy– I just never liked them, until I did. Two years ago, my wife bought me a flannel shirt along with a complementing vest and told me to wear it and stop my whining. Unable to find a way out of this, I tried out the vest. To my surprise, I liked the fit and functionality.
By functionality, I mean that it kept my body core warm without having to wear a bulky jacket, or additional excess layers, the result was that it allowed me to move more freely. Fast forward to today and I own five vests, some for dressing up and some for working on a job site.
Benefits of a Vest
When layering for cold temperature work, the benefits of a vest are that they keep your core warm, while offering increased limb range of motion. Mobility and range of motion are especially important when working on a job site. The vest keeps your core insulated and warm, allowing blood to flow to your extremities, keeping them warmer.
Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest | Durable Construction
The Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest we tested has a durable black canvas exterior shell and heavy-duty double stitching. There are durable YKK zippers on all four vest pockets. The only thing that took us a bit to get used to is that the main vest zipper is reversed from what I’m used to. The USA market typically had men’s garments with left-hand zippers and European zippers as right-handed.
Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest | 6 Things I liked
The entire crew wore the Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest at our job site to test it out. There were several things that I immediately liked about the vest.:
- The Oxford has a fleece pile lining that is comfortable and immediately warming.
- All four pockets have zippers allowing contents to stay put and secure.
- The hand warmer pockets are deep enough to warm your hands or securely stow a pair of gloves, and the two chest pockets can easily hold a cell phone.
- The collar on the vest is fleece lined and zippers all the way up to completely cover the neck area.
- The back of the vest extends approx. 2-3” lower for better coverage when bending.
- Plenty of locations to customize this vest with the company logo.
Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest Information
- No shoulder seams
- Pile fleece lining
- YKK front zipper with chin protector
- Full inner front placket
- Chest pockets with YKK zipper
- Hand pockets with YKK zipper
- Inner chest pocket
- Extended back for improved comfort
- Reflective details – for increased visibility in low-light conditions
- Plenty of locations to customize this vest with the company logo
- Cost $ 120-140
Vests eliminate the need for bulky layers of clothing when temperatures begin to drop. A vest is especially helpful when you are engaged in activities where you need a full range of motion and want to stay warm.
Combining a sweatshirt, the Helly Hansen Oxford Lined Vest and light gloves, and a knit hat is enough to keep me warm when working on most cold days. I really like the Helly Hanson Oxford Lined Vest and can see myself continuing to wear it to stay warm at work.