Titen Concrete Screw Anchor
Simpson Strong-Tie Titen HD Screw Anchors
For the last few years I have been using the Titen Concrete Screw Anchor as an anchoring solution on my remodeling projects.
Titen screw anchors are made by Simpson Strong-tie and offer the excellent holding performance and ease of installation. They come in large diameter sizes have been great for metal plate and bracket hold downs. The serrated threads on the tip of the stainless-steel Titen HD are vital because they undercut the concrete as the anchor is driven into the hole, making way for the rest of the threads to interlock with the concrete.
Up to now, I was using the coated blue anchors and there was no real exterior or corrosive exposure solution.
The Titen Concrete Screw Anchor is now available in stainless-steel. Designed specifically for concrete and masonry it solves wet and external environment issues and offers options for outdoor and coastal environmental fastening and corrosion protection.
Stainless-Steel Titen HD
In order for these threads to be durable enough to cut into the concrete, they are formed from carbon steel that is hardened.
With the introduction of the stainless-steel Titen HD, there is finally a state-of-the-art screw anchor solution that combines the corrosion resistance of Type 316 stainless steel with the undercutting ability of a heat-treated carbon-steel cutting threads.
Titen Concrete Screw Anchor Features
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC193 and ACI 355.2 for cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES ESR-2713
- Code listed under IBC/IRC in accordance with ICC-ES AC106 for masonry per ICC-ES ESR-1056
- Qualified for static and seismic loading conditions
- Thread design undercuts to efficiently transfer the load to the base material
- Standard fractional sizes
- Specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness for better cutting without compromising the ductility
- No special drill bit required — designed to install using standard-sized ANSI tolerance drill bits
- Testing shows the Titen HD installs in concrete with 50% less torque than competitor anchors
- Hex-washer head requires no separate washer, unless required by code, and provides a clean installed appearance
- Removable — ideal for temporary anchoring (e.g., formwork, bracing) or applications where fixtures may need to be moved
- Reuse of the anchor to achieve listed load values is not recommended
|Titen HD Diameter (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Recommended Fixture Hole Size (in.)||Min. Hole Depth Overdrill (in.)|
|Suggested fixture hole sizes are for structural steel thicker than 12 gauge only. Larger holes are not required for wood or cold-formed steel members.|
|1/4||3/8||3/8 to 7/16||1/8|
|3/8||9/16||1/2 to 9/16||1/4|
|1/2||3/4||5/8 to 11/16||1/2|
|5/8||15/16||3/4 to 13/16||1/2|
|3/4||1 1/8||7/8 to 15/16||1/2|