ITW is releasing new large diameter Tapcon anchors.
I don’t know about you but I’ve used Tapcon anchors for many concrete fastening tasks over the years and they are my go to when I need some serious holding power in concrete.
These new large diameter Tapcon Concrete Screw Anchors are made in the USA and come in the following sizes:
- 1/2” x 6”,
- 3/8” x 3”,
- 3/8” x 4”,
- 5/16” x 2”
- 5/16 x 3”
The new Tapcon® anchors feature Advanced Threadform Technology™ which translates into 30 percent lower installation torque, and 20 percent more holding power.
Simply drill the hole and drive the Tapcon® Anchor. Large Diameter Tapcon® Anchors feature an induction hardened tip that is engineered to cut into concrete and brick, and increases pullout strength.
They can be driven with a cordless impact driver and with less torque required for installation they increase battery life, and productivity.
Other features include:
- Close-to-edge and close-to-anchor placement – unlike wedge and sleeve anchors, Tapcon® Anchors have no expansion or outward pressure so they can be placed closer in proximity to an edge or other Tapcon® Anchors.
- Easy removal by simply unscrewing the anchor – traditional anchors cannot be removed.
- Finished head – for a uniform profile and aesthetic appeal.
- Blue Climaseal® coating – provides corrosion protection for outside applications.
- Recommended for use in ACQ pressure-treated lumber.
These new Tapcon Anchors are cracked and seismic approved with 2012 building code compliance, as per ICC-ES ESR-2202, providing a level of assurance contractors appreciate when the Building Inspector arrives.
In addition, Tapcon offers the only 5/16” diameter seismic approved anchor on the market today. (Note: the 5/16” x 3” Tapcon Anchor is the perfect anchor for installation of windows or doors into concrete or masonry where codes require cracked and seismic approval).