MiTek Adjustable Deck Tension Tie ADTT-TZ
Adjustable Deck Tension Tie
Section R507.2.4 of the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) requires connectors to be installed transfer lateral loads from the deck to the house structure. The IRC requirement of installing a “Hold-Down Device” with a minimum allowable tension load of 750 lbs. These hold downs must be located in four (4) locations which is easily accomplished with four USP Adjustable Deck Tension Tie ADTT-TZ connectors.
The MiTek Adjustable Deck Tension Tie ADTT-TZ is adjustable and can be installed with structural screws, adjacent or up to 4-3/8″ below the deck joist, eliminating the need for blocking.
- Exceeds “Hold-Down Device” requirements per 2015
- IRC, Section 507.2.4 [Figure R507.2.3(2)].
- Adjustable design accommodates multiple deck joists
- depths (2 x 8, 2 x 10, or 2 x 12). USP WS8-HDG or
- 3/8-in HDG lag screws may be installed adjacent to or up to 4-3/8-in below deck joist
- 2-hole break-out washer (BO-W) will work with either USP WS screws or 3/8″ lag screws.
- Adaptability minimizes the need for additional blocking.
- Finish: G-185 galvanizing
- Gauge: 14 gauge
Decks need regular maintenance to stay safe and strong. If you have an existing deck, you should know how to evaluate its construction to make sure it’s structurally sound and safe. Adding four the MiTek Adjustable Deck Tension Tie ADTT-TZ connectors to an existing, older deck is one way to improve safety and get closer to modern code compliance.