How To Refinish a Wood Countertop
What You Will Need:
The first step in preparing to refinish a wood countertop is to assemble the right tools. Your three most important tools will be a cabinet scraper, a random orbital sander and a HEA tool activated vacuum cleaner attached to your sander.
Here’s a list of what you should have:
- Cabinet Scraper
- Random orbital sander
- vacuum with hose to connect to sander
- Sanding pads: 80, 120, 150, 220, 400 grit.
- Sand paper: for hand sanding: 80, 120, 220 grit
- Sandvik brand or similar scraper for hard to reach locations.
- Tack Paper
- EZ-Do finish
- Brush: high quality for polyurethane finishes
- Small spacer wood blocks to lift cook-top up off counter