Natural Fiber Cellulose Insulation
Photo: Concord Carpenter at Baltimore’s 2010 Remodeling show
GreenFiber is a natural fiber cellulose insulation
GreenFiber is a natural fiber cellulose insulation product that converts used paper materials that would otherwise be placed in a landfill into an environmentally-sustainable product that helps homeowners reduce their monthly heating and cooling costs. With eco-friendly living becoming a fast-growing trend, GreenFiber offers an ideal sustainable component to building, and a new blow-in formula brings the same solution to renovation and DIY re-insulation projects.
Many products claim to be green. Few can actually show it. GreenFiber is an all-natural product that helps lower energy costs and protects the environment and families via the following ways:
- 85 percent recycled – Made from 85 percent recycled paper fiber and without any toxic chemicals, GreenFiber’s cellulose insulation is all natural.
- Recycling programs – Launched several years ago, GreenFiber’s Community Paper Recycling Program is present in the U.S. in most cities where GreenFiber has manufacturing facilities, keeping more than 350,000 tons of paper out of landfills each year. Refuse efficiency experts state that paper products account for 34 percent of landfill space – enough office and writing paper each year to build a wall 12 feet high from Los Angeles to New York City.
- Greenhouse gas reduction – By diverting three million tons of paper from being added to our landfills, more than 3.6 million tons of greenhouse gases have been eliminated from being emitted into the atmosphere.
- Local distribution model – By using a local plant model, GreenFiber transports paper very short distances which, in return, reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Efficient energy production – GreenFiber’s production process uses energy on demand, using 10 times less energy than competitive insulation manufacturers.
- Zero construction waste – There is no waste with GreenFiber insulation, unlike with foam and fiberglass insulation. Every bit of GreenFiber’s product can be blown into place, and product bags can even be returned for recycling.
- No harmful chemicals – GreenFiber is all natural; free of formaldehyde, asbestos, mineral fiber and fiberglass.
- Home energy savings – GreenFiber’s insulation provides excellent, consistent R-values throughout the home. Because it is made without any toxic chemicals it is an all-natural product that allows homeowners to adjust the R-value to meet the suggested requirements in your location – helping keep a home cooler during the summer months and warmer during the winter.
- End-to-end sustainability – GreenFiber is the only insulation product of its kind that is truly sustainable from end-to-end.
An easy-to-read guide on GreenFiber packaging, as well as online tools atwww.greenfiber.com, can inform consumers exactly how much GreenFiber they need in order to properly insulate their home. With the growing trend of renovations and the increased need for weatherization as winter approaches, GreenFiber’s new premium grade blow-in product with an all-borate formula natural fiber cellulose material engineered specifically for use in wall and attic retrofit products offers an innovative solution to ensure a properly insulated home that will help cut energy bills, lower the home’s carbon footprint and help keep a family comfortable.
Author: Tracy Bisha is marketing manager for GreenFiber, the largest manufacturer of natural fiber insulation, fire and sound products in the country. www.greenfiber.com.