Generating Business Leads With a Marketing Plan:
As a remodeling contractor who has been fairly busy during the economic recession I can attribute my good fortune to a good work ethic, reputation and pro-active marketing efforts.
A huge reason I have been able to stay busy is I have a plan in place to generate consistent lead opportunities. You can sit back and wait for the phone to ring but it just will not happen. Having a marketing plan does not cost alot of money but it does take work.
Effective and pro-active marketing plan steps you an take to help with lead generation.
- Call all former customers by phone every 6 months.
- Send an email newsletter to your entire customer base, personal contacts you met but did not buy once a mon
- Send out a post card or letter to the neighbors of any project you are working on. Do this before during and after the project.
- Offer a referral program for anyone who sends you a referral.
- Train your employees and subs how to refer your company. Supply them with company business cards.
- Place a nice looking job sign at the job site.
- Take progress pictures of your jobs and post on Facebook several times a week. Make sure there are links back to your website.
- Write a blog post minimum 4 times a month and send out links to your clients and circle of influence. Write about how you are solving a current client’s problem or something unique.
- Update your website monthly with new and relevant content. If you are not inclined to do so outsource to a professional.
- Get a website and business Face book, Linked In page up and running.
- Join a networking group like BNI, or a chamber of commerce. Typically these groups will link to your website and refer your services.
- Ask your customers to write reviews about you online.
- Ask for testimonials and be sure to have a testimonial page on your website.
- Ask your customers and friends to like you on face book and subscribe to your blog.
- Develop and Implement a process to earn referrals from your customers. Note; most contractors fail or forget to ask their customers for referrals. If you don’t ask you will not get! A good rule of thumb is every time your client is happy that is a good time to ask for a referral.
- Join a chamber and attend one or two social events a month.
Remember the days of the having folks filling up your voice mail with leads. To be successful generating leads you need to have a marketing plan, be pro-active and put yourself out there. The phone will not ring on it’s own.