How To Maintain Composite Decking
Composite Decking Cleaning Tips
For a great looking composite deck follow these easy care and maintenance steps :
1. Install your decking with proper spacing and under clearance to provide ventilation under and between decking boards to prevent mold growth.
2. Occasionally clean your deck with a mild soap and water mixture. rinse with a hose in the direction of the gran and take care to clean debris out from between the boards.
Avoid using a pressure washer you don’t need it. If you do make sure to keep the pressure below 1200 psi and away from the surface at lease 12″.
3. If mold develops use a commercially available cleaner like Corte-Clean, Eco-Wash or other
and follow manufacturers’ instructions exactly.
4. For oil and grease stains, speedy clean up is the best. The longer the oil or grease sits on the surface the most likely it is to soak into composite wood fibers. Use a vinyl-backed splatter guard mat underneath your grill to prevent spills.
5. Avoid using metal shovels or sharp edges to remove snow and ice from your deck. Use a plastic shovel.
↑ Grab this Headline Animator