Freud LU73R0 10-Inch Crosscut Saw Blade
Freud LU73R010 10-inch Cabinet Maker Crosscut Blade
The folks at Freud have a 50 year history of saw blade innovation, including producing their own MicroGrain carbide with Titanium, called TiCo, a high-density combination of Titanium and Cobalt. Most woodworkers know Frued for their full line of high-quality, woodworking tools includes saw blades, router bits, shaper cutters.
New Cabinet Maker Crosscut Blade
Freud recently released their new Freud LU73R010 Crosscut Saw Blade. Their calling it the “Cabinetmaker’s crosscut blade” and it comes in a 10-inch and 12-inch size.
The Cabinetmaker’s crosscut blade includes a 38° Hi-ATB (Alternate Top Bevel) tooth grind that delivers excellent crosscuts in double-sided veneer plywood and double-sided melamine.
Well-Balanced, Anti-Vibration Design
The Cabinetmaker’s crosscut blade manufacturing process utilizes a precision tension process with computer controlled equipment to create a flat and true blade. The blade is engineered with Frued’s anti-vibration technology which involves laser-cutting, anti-vibration slots to reduce chatter which also results in a cleaner cut, increased blade longevity, and reduced noise.
A Perma-SHIELD® non-stick coating and tooth geometry is applied to the blades, which helps prevent heat build up, blade gumming and corrosion.
This blade was designed for plywood cabinet and bookcase construction. This blade will cut material from 1/2″ to 2- 3/4″ shop cutting applications involving:
- Veneered plywood
- Melamine board
Freud LU73R010 Crosscut Saw Blade Features
- New 38° Hi-ATB for better quality finish and crisper edges in crosscuts
- Premium crosscutting blend of TiCo™ Hi-Density carbide for maximum performance
- Perma-Shield non-stick coating
- Precision tension process with computer controlled equipment
- Lubricated with a high temperature lubricant to withstand the stresses of turning at high RPM
- Anti-vibration design
- Series: LU73
- Material cutting: wood, crosscutting
- Kerf width: .126 inch
- Plate thickness: 0.87 inch
- Grind: Hi-ATB
- Laminate Coating: PermaShield
- Arbor: 5/8 inch
- Teeth: 60
- Machines used for: Slide Miter Saw, Table Saw, Radial Arm Saw, Portable Table Saw
Woodworkers looking for a premium blade to cut veneered plywood and melamine board should give Freud’s new Cabinetmaker’s Crosscut Blades a closer look. We put this blade in our cross cutting, table-saw equipped with a sled and it cuts beautifully.
The new Cabinetmaker’s Crosscut Blades are available in two sizes:
- 10-inch diameter, 60-tooth, 5/8 inch arbor, LU73R010 ($71.47)
- 12-inch diameter, 72 teeth, 1 inch arbor, LU73R012 ($98.97)