EZ-HANG DOOR INSTALLATION
EZ-HANG DOOR INSTALLATION MADE EASY!
While at the 2010 Baltimore Remodeling show I saw many cool inventions, materials and method of work but none caught my eye more that the EZ-HANG™ Door Installation system.
I was impressed by the innovation of this system which consists of a bag of 7 light gauge metal hangers and screws that attach to any pre-hung door. The best part is the kit costs under $5.00!
EZ-Hang™ provides contractors, homeowners, DIYers with a simple, easy, quick and accurate method of getting doors set in the rough opening, plumbed, leveled and squared with only a few simple tools, minimal or no experience, and much less time and frustration.
EZ-HANG™ eliminates the need for wood shims in order to hang the door. [Note- I do recommend installing a shims on exterior doors]
The beauty of the EZ-HANG™ is that the brackets produce a perfect reveal and door clearance, every time. Now, you can buy a pre-hung door and install it plumb and level with perfect reveals with little to no experience.
Installing a door using EZ-HANG™:
- Mark It – The first step is setting up a reference line on the wall. Mark a line 1/2″ from the edge of the rough opening on the hinge side in the room where the door opens.
- Attach It – Attach the 7 brackets to the door frame using the 1/2″ screws provided.
- Screw 3 EZ-HANG™ brackets below each hinge, 3 on the latch/knob side, and 1 on the top. This extra bracket is provided to be used on all doors 30” and wider.
- Hang It – Insert the door. Screw it to the wall matching a site line on the EZ-HANG™ brackets with the line marked on the wall. Work your way down the hinge side and then the latch/knob side using the slotted holes for perfect reveal and clearance.
Enter For A Chance To Win an EZ-HANG Door Installation Package:
If you’d like a chance to win an EZ-HANG Door Installation Kit please follow the instructions below:
1. Subscribe toA Concord Carpenter Comments. [Located on right sidebar]
2. Fill out the ENTRY FORM
For Additional Entries:
• 10 Entries: Follow A Concord Carpenter Comments via an email subscription
• 10 Entries Follow A Concord Carpenter on Face book
• 50 Entries: Blog about This Giveaway. Write a short post about A Concord Carpenter comments Come and this specific giveaway with a link (please use a no follow link) back to this post.
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM (Eastern) October 20, 2010. Three lucky winners will be announced on October 21th. Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.