Top 10 Energy Savers On A Budget
Home Energy Savers
The following Top 10 Energy Savers On A Budget will help you save energy and money on your heating and cooling bills.
10 Best Bang For The Buck Energy Savers:
1. Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
2. Lock windows [winter or summer with the a/c] to create a better seal.
3. Use timers to turn on and off lights.
4. Insulate any exposed hot water and heating pipes.
5. Seal all attic air leaks, duck work.
6. Seal any wires, pipes or ducts that penetrate exterior walls.
7. Install or replace worn weather stripping around doors and windows. Caulk around doors and windows.
8. Wash clothes in warm or cold water.
9. Use light wash or energy saving setting in the dishwasher.
10. Install programmable thermostats to turn down the heat or a/c when not home or sleeping.