Tip To Conserve Water
The United States has doubled its water consumption in the past 50 years with many states facing shortages. Conservation of water is more and more important as our population and consumption grows. This article will give you a few tips to conserve water!
Tips to Conserve Water
Small adjustments in how we use water can make a BIG impact.
- Water gardens and lawns early in the morning or after the sun has set.
- This saves loss from evaporation.
- About one-third of the water that’s sprayed overhead during the heat of the day is lost to evaporation before it gets to the plants.
- Plant drought resistant plantings.
- Install and use a 3-4″ layer of organic mulch in all of your planting beds to keep plants from drying out and water from evaporating.
- Install an energy efficient dishwasher, toilets, faucets and clothes washing machine.
- Keep showers to 5 minutes.
- Replace or repair all dripping and leaning plumbing fixtures
- Turn the water off when you brush your teeth.
- Collect roof runoff and use to irrigate plants
~ concord carpenter