RIDGID 14 Gallon HEPA Wet Dry Vac Review
RIDGID Delivers an Economical HEPA Vac for Contractors
As a carpenter who cares about the homes I work on, the need for a HEPA Vac is more than just about meeting new EPA requirements surrounding Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program (RRP) it’s about keeping your clients home’s clean and livable during a renovation.
From cutting through drywall or sanding with fine grit paper, these dust bowl creating tasks, a HEPA vac is a MUST for controlling the spread of dust and debris throughout your client’s home. Check out some other strategies to Control Remodeling Dust and see what other ACC Tips we suggest to keep your clients home dust free.
Lead Safe Renovation practices are also a new reality to contractors. The additional training, process development, bidding, and new equipment and supply purchases can be overwhelming to the professional adapting to these changes. But Ridgid saves the day with an economical and HEPA certified vacuum to relieve the pain of additional overhead for the professionals doing it RIGHT.
Let’s start this RIDGID 14 Gallon HEPA Wet Dry Vac Review with some specifics and features!
- Peak Horsepower: 6.5
- Water Draw: 80 in.
- Voltage: 120
- Amps: 11.5
- Drum Size: 14 Gallon (US)
- Cord Length: 25 Ft.
- Construction: High Impact Polypropylene
- Filter Surface Area: 1560 Sq. In.
- Replacement Filters: HF1000, HF0500 (Pre Filter)
- Filter Bag: VF3502
- Accessory Size: 2-1/2 in.
- Shipping Weight: 36.9 lbs.
- Net Weight: 27 lbs.
- 2-Stage Motor creates “high-lift” suction and efficient air flow for quiter operation.
- Scroll Noise Reduction® is a patented feature that provides quiet operation by controlling the flow of air through the vac.
- Quick Release Push Handle and Accessory Storage Bag keeps accessories close at hand but are quickly removable.
- 2-Piece Drum Provides improved, more rugged construction to meet the higher demands found on the job site.
- 3-layer Fine Dust Filter captures fine dust particles such as dry wall dust.
- Professional Locking Hose to help prevent it pulling loose during operation.
- Large Carry Handle allows easy lifting of vac into service vehicle.
- Exhaust airstream can be directed through the vac hose to blow debris from garages, decks, and sidewalks.
The RIDGID 14-Gal. HEPA Wet Dry Vac delivers consistent suction from a durable, sleek, and flexible 10-foot hose, which attaches snugly in the dust control ports of most tools at a standard 2-1/2″. The vacuum runs at a comfortable noise level and even when using a 60-grit 6-inch sanding disk on a large oak desk my workspace was free of airborne dust and the vac had the power to pull the dust away from the work piece and tool, keeping my shop space nice and clean.
This vacuum comes with so many attachments, you’d be hard pressed to find yourself lacking the right nozzle, brush, or attachment for your application. Almost all the attachments, even when not in use, can be stored on board of the vac securely during use or when the unit is stored away in the back of your vehicle. And furthermore, the RIDGID 14 Gallon HEPA Wet Dry Vac (RV2400HF) also comes with a Beater Bar attachment, required for EPA compliance when disturbing lead paint over carpeted areas. Again a major value added component of this unit.
RIDGID really makes a huge impact on the HEPA vac market by offering this unit at such a competitive price WITH the added value of the beater bar attachment, this unit is really a steal. The idea that this unit can be used as a wet vac or a shop vac is unrealistic, this unit seems best suited as a dedicated HEPA vac for Lead Safe Renovations or controlling dust during remodeling applications.
The value of this unit is unmatched, while the quality of the vacuum is great. A bit bulkier than conventional HEPA vacs used by most contractors and the HEPA filter significantly reduces the capacity of the advertised 14-gallon vacuum, still, overall this vacuum is a great investment for any contractor who is budget conscious or just getting started.