Moving Toward A Paperless Office
Streamline Your Office Time
As a carpenter running a remodeling business I am constantly looking for ways to save time and money. Office organization is one of them.
Recently I realized that I was handling a tone of paper and mailing a slew or envelopes with stamps. My solution was this:
One way to save on paper, and stamps is to receive and send bills paperless via email. Switching from paper mailings to online viewing you can:
1. Cut clutter – no more paper piles to shred or recycle.
2. Help the environment – paper, printing and transportation needs are eliminated
3. Streamline recordkeeping – signing up for electronic statements triggers the storage of year-end statements indefinitely
4. Reduce the wait for key account information – you can view electronic transaction confirmations the day after your transaction is processed; quarterly statement e-mails are generally sent the first day of the new quarter
5. protect your privacy – personal information on statements and transaction confirmations is inaccessible to mail thieves.
What Else Can I Do To Reduce Paper?
Things that you can get paperless are 401k info, retirement plan info, fund prospectuses, utility bills, insurance bills, etc.
You can also pay your bills via your banks online banking system.
Save copies of your bills on disks or an external drive. LESS PAPER!