Kwikset Electronic Deadbolt Review
Smartcode Deadbolt Model: 910TRL ZBC4 15 SMT
The folks at Kwikset recently sent me a Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt to review and evaluate.
Kwikset offers a full line of electronic levers and deadbolts with three finishes. [brass, nickel and bronze]
One thing that I like about these deadbolts is you can enter your home with your own code by pressing a few buttons and lock it with just one. This keyless deadbolt eliminates the need for keys. The fact that these locks can be re-keyed is a real nice security feature for homeowners. This will eliminate the need to have a locksmith or carpenter re-key or install new locks when a tenant moves out, keys are lost or remodeling is occurring and your allow a contractor to have a key.
The SmartCode deadbolt installed in a half and hour, was easy to install, program and use. It operates on 4 AA batteries. The motor-driven deadbolt latch allows for true remote locking and unlocking.
Installing A Keyless Deadbolt:
- SmartKey cylinders feature a stainless steel side locking bar, racks and pins for increased strength and security
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Keys work in lock as a back up or option
- Ability to re-key your lock yourself as needed
- One touch locking
- Back lit keypad
- Code allows 4 to 9 digits
- Inside LED indicates if door is locked or unlocked.
- Optional auto-locking feature locks an unlocked door when closed for 30 seconds
- Optional alarm indicates if three consecutive, incorrect code attempts have been made
- Optional audible sound when key pad is touched.
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty. 1 year electronics warranty.
I was impressed with the SmartCode deadbolt. They sell at Home Depot for $99.00 or online here: Kwikset Smartcode-909-15-SMT-CP for $ 77.95