Keeping Kids Safe
Child Safety Tips for the Holidays
Public places can be dangerous with young children. Keeping Kids Safe is a priority for us at concord carpenter. When in a public place consider this:
Tips For Keeping Kids Safe
1. Accompany young children to the restroom.
2. Make certain your children know to stay with you at all times while shopping and always.
3. If older children become separated from you while holiday shopping, have them meet you in a predesignated spot such as the front of the store at the sales counter.
4. Teach younger children to look for people who may be sources of help within the store or mall such as a uniformed law-enforcement or security officer, store salesperson with a nametag, person with a nametag who is working in the information booth, or mother with children.
5. Tell them once they realize that they have been seperated not to move and wait for you. they should be told not to leave the store/mall or go to the parking lot to look for you or your vehicle.
6. Avoid wearing clothing with their name on it. Having a name to call out may bring unwelcome attention from inappropriate people looking for a way to start a conversation with your children.
7. Older children should travel with a friend or friends and check in on a regular basis. Pick up time and location should be agreed on. Give them a way to contact you or be contacted in case plans change.
8. If your child disappears in a store, notify the store manager or security office. Then immediately call your local law-enforcement agency. When you call law enforcement, provide your child’s name, date of birth, height, weight, and any other unique identifiers such as eyeglasses and braces. Tell them when you noticed that your child was missing and what clothing he or she was wearing.
Have a safe and healthy holiday.