HUSQVARNA 130BT Back Pack Blower
HUSQVARNA 130BT Back Pack Blower Review
When you hear someone say, “that blows,” on the job site it’s usually not a good thing. I should qualify that by saying that it is usually is not a good thing unless your talking about the HUSQVARNA 130BT Back Pack Blower. The 130BT is a lightweight back pack blower designed for serious consumer grade use. We first saw the 130BT design on a press release and was immediately impressed with it’s reported low weight which we felt would subsequently reduce prolonged user fatigue.
The Husqvarna 130BT is a 29.5cc 2 Stroke 145 MPH Gas Powered Back Pack Blower With Tube Mounted Throttle. We took it to the job-site to see how it fared.
HUSQVARNA 130BT Features:
- X-Torq® engine
- better fuel economy
- reduced emissions
- Harness and tube-mounted controls
- Ergonomic handle
- The handle can be adjusted to fit the operator and has rubber inserts for a comfortable grip.
- Comfortable backpack style harness
- Padded harness is shaped to fit the contours of the operator
- Cruise control
- Air Purge: Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
- Cylinder displacement 29.5 cc
- Power output 1.3 hp
- Maximum power speed 8000 rpm
- Fuel tank volume 30.43 fl oz
- Fuel consumption 392 g/kWh
- Idling speed 3000 rpm
- Air flow in pipe 360.21 cfm
- Air speed 145 mph
- Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) handle 2.5 m/s²
- Sound level at ear 94 dB(A)
- Sound power level (LWA) 102 dB(A)
- Weight 14.77 lbs
Why Do We We Leaf Blowers?
Since their introduction in the 1970’s, leaf blowers have rapidly become an essential time and labor-saving cleanup tool for landscape maintenance professionals and homeowners.
Using a leaf blower to clean up leaves, grass clippings, and debris saves time and sweeping or raking effort. Leaf blowers also perform tasks like cleaning areas covered by mulch or bark faster and more effectively than hand tools. When used properly, there is little disturbance to the surface.
Uses For The Husqvarna 130BT:
At Concord Carpenter we use leaf blowers to clean off roofs and work areas from leaves and debris, remove small amounts of snow and mostly to blow away sawdust and clean off wood and PVC dust from saws.
Some other uses for leaf blowers are:
- Remove, move or gather leaves
- Remove or gather saw dust and other construction debris
- Clean off construction equipment
- Remove grass clippings
- Dislodge or break up matted grass
- Clean parking lots
- Remove light or fluffy snow
- Clean rain gutters
Note – Wear hearing and eye protection when using a leaf blower. In dusty conditions, wear a respirator or dust mask as appropriate.
Using The HUSQVARNA 130BT:
At 14.77 pounds we found the 130BT lightweight and extremely comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time. If you suffer from back or neck pain this blower is a godsend. Its lighter than most hand held models and perfectly balanced and centered on the users back.
Starting the 130BT is simple and the machine started on the first or second pull each and every time. The 130BT moves large amount of leaves, wet or dry. It even blows all of my pine cones and acorns along. The velocity coming from the 130BT tube is strong enough to easily move material 10-15 feet away. We felt that it has plenty of power to accomplish all of a residential homeowners needs as well as a contractor on a construction site.
I used it to clean off sawdust from driveway as well as clean off my tools. It saves me a ton of time at the end of every day from having to sweep up. It also keep the saws motor from filling up with dust by blowing out all of the sawdust from these areas.
The machine is rated for 94 dB(A) at ear height but it honestly seemed quieter than that, maybe becasue I was wearing a knit hat.
The 130BT pack, flexible tube and controls are all intuitive, easy to use and the ergonomics are great. We can’t talk enough about how lightweight this unit is and how comfortable the unit is while wearing! I found the flexible tube and throttle ease to operate and a breeze to move around and the backpack straps comfortable.
We found the HUSQVARNA 130BT Back Pack Blower lightweight, durable, reliable when starting and easy to use. Highly recommended.
How Much and Where To Buy?
The HUSQVARNA 130BT Back Pack Blower sells online for approximately $130 here: Husqvarna-130BT-Powered-Mounted-Throttle
Tips For Reducing Dust
- Start with nozzle close to the ground at first – then raise it to a height where it does not generate dust.
- Use the full lower nozzle extensions to control sound and minimize dust.
- Pay attention to what you are moving:
- Never use a leaf blower to move excessively dusty materials such as: Gravel dust, construction dirt, plaster dust, cement and concrete dust.
- Practicing up and down and left and right motions starting close to the ground and the debris, but not close enough to lift excessive amounts of dust.