DEWALT Compact Router
Many carpenter use trim routers but not many trim routers plunge!
DEWALT just announced the launch of its new Compact Router, which combines power, ease-of-use, ergonomic features and innovations designed for visibility, control and overall performance.
DEWALT Compact Router DWP611
This compact Router, is available as a fixed base unit (DWP611) and a fixed/plunge base combination kit (DW611PK).
DEWALT Compact Router Features:
1. 1-1/4 peak HP motor that delivers significantly more power than competitors’ models.
2. Variable speed control allows professionals to better manage the tool and determine the speed that is best suited for the application at hand.
3. A low, contoured grip that is close to the work surface also contributes to the level of control users experience compared to other products on the market.
4. Dual LEDs to provide ample illumination of the work surface
5. An extended ¼-inch router collet. The router collet provides greater bit contact with the bit shaft than traditional routers, allowing users a firm grip on the bit and less vibration. For the durability professionals demand.
6. All-metal motor can. 4 lbs.
7. A fixed-base unit that includes an adjustable ring that enables intuitive depth setting, and a flared base arch provides a point of reference for the user’s hand.
8. A D-shaped sub-base provides stability and flatness when running edge profiles, allowing for precision.
9. Easy to adjust spindle lock. This has been designed to greatly improve the ease of bit change compared to other routers on the market by incorporating a large button that can be actuated with the same hand that stabilizes the router, and the 12 motor shaft detents work so the lock pin and shaft are not more than 15 degrees from alignment.
10. The router incorporates an electronic speed control feature that maintains speed when under load and offers a soft start feature to reduce torque at start-up.
11. Two tabs that allow for a quick and simple base release, and a new base/adjustable clamp design so the motor location is maintained through the toughest applications.
12. The plunge base that comes as part of the combination kit features a clear and precise depth scale and marker, a release-to-lock lever to maintain the designated depth setting and rubber handles for a non-slip grip.
13. The plunge mechanism delivers excellent user control via its smooth and light depth stroke, and the five-step adjustable turret stop enables stepped plunge cuts for accuracy and consistency.
14. At just over four pounds, the fixed base unit offers sufficient power to perform most small to medium routing applications while the plunge base (six pounds with motor included) provides a simple and accurate way to make interior cuts, such as flutes, inlays and mortises.
Cost and Availability:
The Compact Router will be available at home centers and industrial distributors starting in October 2010. The fixed base unit (DWP611) is expected to retail for approximately $139.00, and the fixed/plunge base combination kit (DW611PK) is expected to retail for approximately $199.00.
1. A dust adapter for the fixed base (DNP615),
2. A dust extractor for the plunge base (DNP616),
3. A straight edge guide for the fixed base (DNP618),
4. A straight edge and circle cutting guide for the plunge base (DW6913) and template guides (DW6188).