Risk Reduction Safety Tips In Daily Travel
In order to avoid being victim or a “target of opportunity” consider the following tips to make yourself less of a target. I call this “target hardening.”
Risk Reduction Tips:
- Look in back seat before entering car.
- Have keys ready before hand.
- Wait until you are at your car before using your remote control to unlock the doors.
- Always lock your doors while traveling (note – new cars that have automatic-unlock).
- Plan and know your route. Have a reliable car.
- Cell-phones are great!Keep battery charged and a charger in your car.
- At traffic lights, stop far enough back from the car in front of you to leave room to get out.
- Park as close to store doors as you can.
- Look around before you exit your car.
- Move your car closer to the door if staying late at work.
- If you think you’re being followed, drive to a police station or a well-lighted gas station.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- Elevators (stay on side of alarm button).
- Walk in lit areas and don’t take short cuts.
- Plan ahead / Try to walk in numbers.