Halloween Safety Tips
Child Safety On Halloween
In light of this fun evening there are some Halloween safety tips you should be aware of.
Halloween Safety Tips:
1. Children should go out during daylight hours only unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
2. Plan a safe route so parents know where their older kids will be at all times.
3. Set a time for their return home.
4. Make sure that your child is old enough and responsible enough to go out by themselves.
5. Let your children know not to cut through back alleys and fields. Make sure they know to stay in populated places and don’t go off the beaten track.
6. Stay in well lighted areas.
7. Stop only at familiar houses in your own neighborhood unless they are accompanied by an adult.
8. Small children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween. Make sure an older sibling or adult is with them.
9. Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
10. Instruct your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car.
11. Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible to cars.
12. Let them know that they should stay together as a group if going out to Trick or Treat without an adult.
13. consider working reflective material into their costume.
14. Carry and give them a flashlight with fresh batteries.
15. Avoid masks that block peripheral vision or block eyesight – instead opt for face makeup – much safer and more comfortable.
Stay Safe – with these Halloween safety tips