3M All Weather Flashing Tape
Window Flashing Tape 8067:
For a long time now I have been using a self-adhesive rubber brand called Vycor on windows as flashing tape. The product works amazingly well but did have some limitations, such as it did not adhere well to cold, damp surfaces.
Recently when buying supplies for a window installation I was preparing for I came across 3M All Weather Flashing Tape at my lumberyard.
3M’s tape is a great self-adhesive barrier to use in window and door installations, specifically to seal openings against moisture intrusion. The best feeature of this tape is it’s ability to stick to damp surfaces. Let’s face it jobsite conditions often mean less than perfect weather conditions, temperatures and damp wood.
3M All Weather Flashing Tape 8067 is the perfect solution for solving those critical flashing issues that often plague window and door installation as well as other flashing locations.
3M All Weather Flashing Tape Features:
- High-tack to grab fast and tight, even on damp surfaces
- Bonds to most common building materials without primers and staples even at temperatures as low as 0°F or as high as 176°F
- Seals around nails and staples to prevent moisture intrusion
- Thin for a reliable and convenient fit into corners and under siding
- Tough – to resist punctures and tears during application and service life
- Resists UV exposure for up to 60 days
- No adverse reaction with many building sealants
- Meets AAMA 711-05, Voluntary Specification for Self-Adhering Flashing Used of Installation of Exterior Wall Fenestration products.
- Eligible for LEED Compliance Credits
- Passes nail seal-ability before and after thermal cycling
3M All Weather Flashing Tape Comes In three sizes:
- 4 in. x 75 feet 000 51115 31620 3 12
- 6 in. x 75 feet 000 51115 31621 0 8
- 9 in. x 75 feet 000 51115 31622 7 4