Stay safer on Social Media Sites
2. Never give out your password to anyone other than your parent or guardian.
3. Only add people as friends to your site if you know them in real life.
4. Never agree to meet anyone “met” on a social networking site..
5. Think before posting your photos.
6. Never respond to harassing or rude comments posted on your profile. Delete any unwanted messages or friends who continuously leave inappropriate comments..
7. Check the privacy settings of the social networking sites that you use:. Set it so that people can only be added as your friend if you approve it and also so that people can only view your profile if you have approved them as a friend.
8. Remember that posting information about your friends could put them at risk. Protect your friends by not posting any names, ages, phone numbers, school names, or locations. Refrain from making or posting plans and activities on your site.
9. Consider going through your blog and profile and removing information that could put you at risk. Remember, anyone has access to your blog and profile, not just people you know.
Stay safe ~