Paslode finally came out with a lithium-ion version for their finish nailer. The Paslode cordless 16 gauge lithium ion finish nailer is going to be available this august at a price poi9nt of $399.00.
The framing version has been out for awhile now and I can absolutely tell the difference between the older Ni-Cad model and the Li-ion version.
The Paslode cordless 16 gauge lithium Ion finish nailer is 4.5 pounds and is powered by a 7.6 volt lithium-ion battery enabling it to run 50 percent longer and drive 6,000 nails. The older version drove 4,000 nails.
There are a few subtle new features that really add a nice touch to this nailer and my favorite is the battery lock. This position allows the
The new Li-ion battery takes one hour to charge and is 80 percent charged in 20 minutes. the BEST part of the battery charging is a “quick boost” feature that allows the nailer to drive 200 nails with just a 2 minute charge. WOW that a nice “end of the day” treat! No more waiting an hour or swapping over to a pneumatic nailer at the end of the day.
Lastly the depth of drive thumb control is larger and easier to operate. Working in the cold North East many times I wear gloves and this thumb control is easy to operate.
Paslode Cordless 16 gauge Lithium Ion Finish Nailer Features:
• Fuel hatch automatically aligns and engages the fuel cell.
• 1/2 pound lighter.
• Beefier pin and latch spring
• Larger and longer belt hook that swivels to either side – nice touch!
• Re-designed handle that is slimmer for comfort and re-designed for a better grip.
• Re-designed contact probe which now points down as opposed to up. This increased line of sight.
• Shorter and lighter battery than the Ni-Cad.