NEW Milwaukee Tape Measures
By: Phil Benevides
Milwaukee recently unveiled their new line of Tape Measures at their New Product Symposium in June, hosted at the Pabst Brewery. See my initial reaction to this product and view other tool reviews at the symposium on my YouTube channel: A Concord Carpenter.
These new Milwaukee Tape Measures are packed with new and innovative features including an ingenious architectural rule on the back side of the tape, which compliments the 2-sided printing for increased flexibility and readability.
The tape measures also use a wire form belt clip instead of a traditional flat clip, which in my opinion made quickly attaching my tape to my pant leg a pain, not to mention the increased wear and tear on my already abused work clothes. These wire form clips don’t tear apart your clothes and ensure you won’t waste time struggling to clip on your trusty tape.
Durable and Consistent
You’ll be able to stand this tape out up to 9-feet and won’t have any problem hooking to your target with the 360-degree hooking capability. But hooking is not all it’s cracked up to be, and that’s why Milwaukee offers these tapes with optional magnets. The hook features a magnet on the face AND a magnet on the heel allowing you to connect with any metal object on the push AND the pull.
I have a feeling these tapes will become the most frequently used tape measures on job-sites across the U.S. & Canada. You can get the 16′ [48-22-5116] and 25′ Magnetic Tape Measures [48-22-5125] this month. But will have to wait for some metric versions and longer lengths, see the availability dates below.
Tape Measure Models and Availability Dates
• 5m/16′ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5216)
• 8m/26′ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5225)
• 16′ Tape Measure (48-22-5117)
• 5m/16’ Tape Measure (48-22-5217)
• 5m Tape Measure (48-22-5306)
• 25′ Tape Measure (48-22-5126)
• 8m/26’Tape Measure (48-22-5226)
• 8m Tape Measure (48-22-5309)
• 5m Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5305)
• 8m Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5308)
• 30′ Tape Measure (48-22-5131)
• 10m/33‘ Tape Measure (48-22-5234)
• 35′ Tape Measure (48-22-5136)
• 30‘ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5130)
• 10m/33‘ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5233)
• 35′ Magnetic Tape Measure (48-22-5135)