How To Clean A Smelly Garbage Disposal
What if the Ice Cube Method Fails?
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of baking soda down your disposal.
- Pour 1 cup of vinegar down the disposal.
- Allow the two ingredients to create foam and bubble
- Allow the baking soda and vinegar mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water from the tea kettle down the disposal as it is running to flush everything through.
- Finish with hot water for a few minutes
The Secret of Boiling Water and Baking Soda
Baking soda and boiling water work well together to break up and remove smelly sludge that’s clinging to the disposal impellers and in the drain itself.