Halloween Safety Keeping Kids Safe!
Trick or Treating should be one of the great adventures of Halloween safety for kids! Dressing in scary costumes and going door to door, yelling “Tricks or Treat!”
This is a repeat of last years post but worth mentioning again.
Here are a few tips that can keep your child safe on Halloween.
1. Children should go out during daylight hours only unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
2. Plan a safe route so parents know where their older kids will be at all times.
3. Set a time for their return home.
4. Make sure that your child is old enough and responsible enough to go out by themselves.
5. Let your children know not to cut through back alleys and fields. Make sure they know to stay in populated places and don’t go off the beaten track.
6. Stay in well lighted areas.
7. Stop only at familiar houses in your own neighborhood unless they are accompanied by an adult.
8. Small children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween. Make sure an older sibling or adult is with them.
9. Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
10. Instruct your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car.
11. Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible to cars.
12. Let them know that they should stay together as a group if going out to Trick or Treat without an adult.
Stay Safe ~ concord carpenter
RELATED POST: Halloween Safety Preventing Injuries