Halloween Safety For Kids:
Everyone wants to have a safe and happy Halloween for their kids. Taking a few steps towards ensuring that your kids enjoy this night is worth the effort. Using a few Halloween Costume And Safety tips and some common sense can help you make the most of your Halloween season.
Halloween Costumes And Safety Tips
1. Children should go out during daylight hours only unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
2. Plan a safe route so parents know where their older kids will be at all times.
3. Set a time for their return home.
4. Make sure that your child is old enough and responsible enough to go out by themselves.
5. Let your children know not to cut through back alleys and fields. Make sure they know to stay in populated places and don’t go off the beaten track.
6. Stay in well lighted areas.
7. Stop only at familiar houses in your own neighborhood unless they are accompanied by an adult.
8. Small children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween. Make sure an older sibling or adult is with them.
9. Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
10. Instruct your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car.
11. Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their Halloween costume to make them more visible to cars.
12. Let them know that they should stay together as a group if going out to Trick or Treat without an adult.