Bosch MX30EC-21 Multi-X Oscillating Tool
Bosch Power Tools recently released the MX30E Multi-X™ OscillatingTool, that is designed for a wide variety of cutting, grinding, scraping, and sanding applications.
The Bosch MX30EC-21 Multi-X Oscillating Tool is the first Bosch oscillating tool to boast a tool-less accessory change lever, making it easier to attach or reposition the blade or accessories.
The hands free tool change is a game changer and an absolute must have for a professional contractor. My friend and fellow carpenter George told me that he used to work on boats and any tool that had a part to be removed to change a blade or accessory eventually became useless when that bounced or rolls over the toe-board and into the water.
The MX30EC-21 is truly handsfree and does not require any parts be removed during the accessory change process, which means insurance that no essential parts are lost during the change out process
Bosch MX30EC-21 Video Review :
The three BEST new features of this tool are:
- The tool-less accessory change lever,
- The “ball joint” cord swivel which reduces wear and tear on the cord as well as allows better tool positioning.
- The Constant Response Circuitry which provides that ever important “soft start” as well as keep the tools power consistent under load.
The Bosch MX30EC-21 Multi-X Oscillating Tool boasts a 3.0 amp motor did not bog down when I recently used it to cut oak hardwood flooring on an mantle installation.
A variable speed switch can set this tool at 8,000 to 20,000 oscillations per minute (OPM).
Holding the MX30EC-21 in my hands the unit feel sturdy and durable. There are well placed soft-grip areas that allow a comfortable grip to a tool that vibrate i your hand.
The MX30EK-33 comes with seven cutting, scraping and grinding accessories while the MX30EL-37 comes with 11 of these accessories. The EK-33 and EL-37 kits come with 26 sanding accessories. The Bosch MX30E kits are available now through authorized dealers nationwide.
Bosch MX30EC-21 Multi-X Oscillating Tool Features:
- Versatility – Designed for many applications and materials, including flush-cutting, plunge cutting, sanding, grinding, grout removal and scraping
- Tool-less Accessory Change Lever – allows quick change of OIS oscillating tool accessories without a wrench
- 3.0 Amp Tool – powerful 8,000 to 12,000 OPMs
- Variable-Speed control
- Constant Response™ Circuitry – Maintains speed under load, soft start
- Ball-Joint Cord Swivel – For ease of positioning tool and for cord durability
- 13′ cord
- Ergonomic – Small grip circumference and soft-grip for comfort
- Compact – Small enough to reach into corners and other tight spaces
- No-Mar Plastic Ribs – Protects vertical surface in front of tool
The Bosch MX30EC-21 Multi-X Oscillating Tool sells for $192.00 online here: Bosch-MX30EC-21-Multi-X-Oscillating-Accessories
This review contains my opinion of a product. I take pride in providing my readers with honest and objective information as well as a practical approach to using a product. I never accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Many of the tools and products are provided to for free by a manufacturer for review.