Get The Most Riding Lawn Mower For Your Money:
With the snow almost gone it’s time to start thinking about the outdoors, more specifically my landscape and lawn.
For the past 10 years I’ve been limping by with my rusty old, jerry rigged lawnmower that barely starts and consistently stalls when I hit high grass.
I have had a John Deere snow blower for 10 years and have done nothing to it except change the oil and occasionally the spark plug. I love John Deere products; they make durable, reliable, well made machines. I started thinking that I should research what is available in a John Deere riding mower.
Visit the Largest Selection Of Riding Mowers:
My search broght me to the Home Depot interactive website where I found John Deere riders!
The Home Depot has a huge selection of national and exclusive outdoor power brands, such as John Deere, Cub Cadet, Toro and Ariens, all under one roof to help you match the perfect riding lawn mower to your needs and your budget.
I was also pleasantly surprised when I saw a comfortable sticker price. There were mowers for all ranges of budgets. My mind instantly went back to my pleasurable snow blower experiences, thinking that I could have this experience with my lawn mower too.
The website was simple to navigate and I found it easy to click thru the site to find the riding lawn mower for me.
The selection process on accessories is impressive. They have models with automatic and hydrostatic transmissions that allow you to adjust your speed while in forward or reverse. Some models have cruise control, and different size cutting decks to reduce your cutting time and accommodate different size lawns.
Probably the coolest feature I saw was the zero turning radius mowers. These mowers can maneuver on inclines, and turn on a dime. They also have versatility in that they can use attachments such as lawn sweepers, rollers and dethatches.
The mower that caught my eye was the John Deere 42 1inch, 17.5 HP riding mower for $ 1499.00.
John Deere 42 in. 17.5 HP Riding Mower Features:
- 17.5 HP Briggs & Stratton single-cylinder engine offers powerful performance
- Gear drive transmission so you can set your own pace while mowing
- 2-blade edge cutting system provides a precise cut
- 18 in. turning radius allows maneuverability
- Wide, step-through frame allows easy access on and off the tractor
- Controls are color coded and at your fingertips
- Rear wheel drive on wide 20 in. tires provides extra traction
- 16 positions allow cutting heights from 1 – 4 in.
- Can travel at speeds up to 5 MPH for efficient mowing
- Hour meter helps monitor usage for proper maintenance intervals
- MFG Brand Name : John Deere
- MFG Model # : D100 BG20540
- MFG Part # : D100 BG20540
- Number of Cylinders : Single Cylinder
This mower was designed for the residential consumer with zero experience using this type equipment. It’s super easy to use and I can’t wait to hop on board and give it a “zero clearance” spin !
Before you head off to Home Depot you can check out their full-lineup from their website of John Deere mowers as well as models from top brands such as Toro, Ariens and Cub Cadet.