Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21
Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258- Review
Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 Applications
- Checking electrical connections and spotting future failures. Whether it’s a loose connection, faulty devise, or any of the vast multiple electrical connections. When resistances increases, connections will heat up and quite often fail.
- Low voltage fixtures often require assembly and many of the connections often fail due to human error. The instructions often say to wait 15 minutes and feel for heat. With an imager, you can see the connections and whether or not they need adjusting quicker and more accurately.
- More and more homes tend to have radiant heat in the floors. How do you know where you are drilling or cutting doesn’t have a heat line in the floor or wall? Using this tool you can see exactly where they are. It could be because my most recent projects have included floor outlets, but this tool has been a life savor for me. A few years ago I would of had to pass on a project like this.
Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 Specifications
- Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 offers a sensor resolution of 102×77 (7854 pixels)
- Two laser dots appear after half a trigger pull. A must have. Without this feature you can find yourself off target by quite a bit.
- Pull the trigger all the way after finding your target and you can save the image onto a 8 GB SD card that comes with the Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21.
- Works off Milwaukee’s M12 battery platform. Gives you 10 hours of run time.
- Temperature Range -10⁰C – 330⁰C (14⁰F-626⁰F)
- Field of View 26.8 (Horiz) x 35.4 (Vert)
- Distance to Spot Ratio 83:1
- LCD Display 2.4″ High-Resolution Color
- Display Resolution 320 x 240 pixels
- Focus Method: Fixed
- Ranging: Automatic
- Color Palettes: Iron, Rainbow, Gray
- Reporting Software: Fully Compatible with Milwaukee Tool Thermal Imaging Software (download)
- Image File Formats: PNG, .DAT (Radiometric Data)
- Data Storage SD Card up to 32 GB
- Drop Test 6′
- Run Time 10+ hrs
- Tool Warranty: 5 Years
- Voltage: 12V
- Weight: 3.7 lbs
Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 Features
- 7,854 (102 x 77) pixel resolution
- DUAL SENSE™ pixels are ultra-responsive, adjusting individually to eliminate blurring of hot and cold details
- Take measurements from long range or down to the detail with 83:1 Distance-to-Spot performance
- Measure surface temperatures 14⁰F to 626⁰F degrees for images spanning wide ranges
- 2-Stage trigger activates lasers for easy scanning or quickly captures images
- Dual lasers frame on-screen temperature area
- 3 color palettes available: Rainbow, Grayscale and Ironbow
- Automatically locates highest and lowest temperatures
- Fully compatible with Milwaukee® Thermal Imager Reporting Software available at Milwaukeetool.com
- Compatible with over 70+ M12™ tools
Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 Overall Impression
The Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21 costs approximately $495.00, online here: Milwaukee-2258-21-7-8Kp-Thermal-Imager While I wouldn’t use this tool to create a detailed report, its a GREAT tool for troubleshooting and testing equipment. You getting an inexpensive thermal imager that can do some great stuff! This imager is backed by the Milwaukee name, so you know this will be something you’re going to use for awhile. Put yourself above your competition with the Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager 2258-21.